The time has finally arrived! Governor Northam announced that the first phase of re-opening Virginia began May 15. Phase 1 includes the easing of restrictions for church gatherings.
After much prayer and consideration, we feel the best way to ease into meeting publicly on Sundays is to hold one indoor service and one outdoor service (as opposed to our drive-in service). Our indoor service will be at 8:15am with chairs set up in such a way to adhere to social distancing. The capacity in our sanctuary will be around 115, and we will have two overflow areas as well. Our outdoor service will be at 9:45am, with chairs set up in front of our building. We will have a capacity of around 400 for our outdoor service.
Going forward, we will resume our in-person Wednesday night services.
There are a few items to note for our services:
- Before, during, and after service, please be sure to maintain proper social distancing protocol with those who are not members of your household.
- In order to be in accordance with the governor’s guidelines, we are to wear masks inside the building.
- For those who are not able to attend in person, our services will be streamed live on Facebook and cclburg.com at 9:45 and 11:30. Our 9:45 service will also be broadcast on Equip FM.
- We encourage any with health concerns or current illnesses to remain at home. Please feel free to watch our service on any of the online formats.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide children’s ministry classes at this time. Though we understand that children are the least susceptible in contracting COVID-19, it would be impossible to maintain social distancing guidelines in a children’s ministry classroom.
- If you would like to be a part of our outdoor service, but desire to remain in your vehicle, we ask that you arrive early and park on the perimeter of the seating area.
- In the event of inclement weather, we will hold both the 8:15 and 9:45 services indoors, as well as add a third service at 11:30.
- If any of our services reach max capacity, we will send out notifications via social media, our website, and our communications group on CCO.
We are very excited to begin meeting again! We will take this week by week and provide you with frequent updates. Please continue to pray that the Lord gives us wisdom as we navigate through this uncharted territory.